Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I like Organization

Hello. Tis I again. I sound like the Shakespearan versions of Judy Blume. God, are you there? ;) Or whatever, just kidding. Anyways. I'm learning something about myself the older I get. I've learned that I like organization in a very disorganized world. Is that weird? I like syllabuses that tell me when assignments are due, I hate it when I'm told.. oh, it's due whenever... wtf is that supposed to mean? This is my grade we are talking about here, this is my graduation, it may not be important to some... but it is to me. I like knowing assignments ahead of time, is that so difficult to ask?

I'm not a fan of my internship as of late. Maybe it's my own fault too. But, I hate how I email my internship leader or whatever you want to call her, and she emails me back... two- three days later. I tell her I am available Thursday to come in for in office hours, still no response for two days as to what time is good. I thought I could get past this kind of behavior when it first started, but now I realize how much it really just pisses me off. I know I'm 'just an intern' and I don't get paid, so why should my contribution matter? Well, it matters to me, because I'm doing what I can for these crazy ass assignments in the time allotted.

Recently, I have been assigned a 70 page LIT manual... fun shit, right? Not. She sends me a big ass email telling me that she wants a table of contents, and that's about it. I politely email her back with a table of contents following the directions she enlisted for me in the binder, and she sends me an email back with as much tone as she can muster. I mean, I could feel the anger through the computer screen, which I did not appreciate. Not, one bit.

She said she is very disappointed in my table of contents, only gives me a little instruction to go by, tells me to re look over my materials, and says that she is upset because I turned in the table of contents to her late. I would like to point out that she never gave me a due date, as always, just said she wanted it by this weekend. I must admit it is my fault that I got it to her Monday morning, instead of Sunday evening, that was my fault. I would prefer an exact... "I would like this due by Friday at 10am". That, kind of instruction is preferred. I like that. Being told what to do. I must be strange then.

Obviously, I must take blame for everything because if I whine or try and argue my side of anything, it will just get me in trouble and probably lower my already lowering grade. Jeez. Just when I thought this internship would be fun. I like writing up manuals, brochures, and all of that good stuff. I must say my only complaint would have to be this angry email, and the lack of organization that she shows me in responding to my emails late... ever damn time. Funny how the angry email was bada bing bada boom.... the very next day after the one I sent her.

I just love it.
Well, guess I better get started on my butt load of stuff due soon. Oh wait, I know the due dates for everything else. And, I am grateful for that.
We out.

No comments:

Post a Comment