Tuesday, July 7, 2009

In Loving Memory

In Loving Memory of Jane Poulakos
November 23,1915-July 1,2009
You will be missed.

This is a poem on the back of the prayer cards.

God saw she was getting tired,
and the cure was not to be,
so He put His arms around her,
and whispered "Come with me"
With tearful eyes we watched
her suffer, and saw her fade away
Although we loved her dearly,
we could not make her stay
A golden heart stopped beating
hard working hands to rest
God broke our hearts to prove
to us, He only takes the best

Yes, this is true.
I just realized I am 22 and I have no more grandparents. I never knew my grandfathers because they both died reasonably young, my Grandma Jane was in a nursing home with Dementia for 10 years. She was there since I was 8, so memories of her are quite fuzzy.... sadly.

I was definitely closer to my Yia Yia. My grandmothers were both named Jane and they both died in July. Strange.

I don't really know what else to say about all this.

I would like to thank Emily, Clarissa, Brianna, and your families for all being there for my family and myself. We greatly appreciate your kindness during this difficult time. Yia Yia loved you girls just like she did my sister and I. She would ask about you and your families all the time. You ladies are basically blood anyway. :) I love you all.... and again, thank you so much for being there. It means the world.

To my other friends that may/may not read this... thank you for your kind words... in text/facebook form... because I was too emotional to talk over the phone. Thank you. It was all appreciated.

1 comment: