Monday, July 20, 2009

I Can't Sleep... So I Write Instead...

I just can't seem to sleep these days. Not that it really matters. The only time I get a good rest is if I have been doing physical activity during the day, which if you know me, I live a very sedentary lifestyle.... not good, I know. Or, I am sick.. being ill definitely knocks me out. My throat is a little sore as of right now, but that's because an hour ago... I was chatting away with some old friends from high school... and we were just having good ol girl talk... which is needed every once in awhile. :)

I just got back from a family trip to Lake Geneva, WI. It was fun. Nice to get away from Illinois... get my mind off of my Yia Yia... not that my mind will ever be off of it, but you get the drift. My Aunt joined us... so that was nice. I jetskiied with my sister, and made it out alive, let's just say I prefer the role of passenger in that situation. We also did a ropes course. There will be pics on fb later. My Mom, my sis, and I all climbed a 40ft. pole and then a 60ft. pole to zip down some hundred odd feet. I was scared shitless climbing that damn pole. My fear of heights can be quite crippling at times. Plus my hands were getting sweaty, which really didn't help matters as I tried to lift my body weight by my hands. Needless to say, it was an adrenaline rush... flying down that metal line.... I would do it again in a heartbeat.. if they have staircases instead of metal knobs to reach the top of the zip line. ;)

I got my diploma and my security deposit from Sami in one day. It was a very happy day for me because I have been waiting on both for such a long period of time. :) I like money in the bank. I wish Potbelly's gave me more hours, but since everyone is home for the summer... all the college kids.. I have to wait til they go back to school.. then hopefully days/hours will open up so I can start paying my loans.. and maybe save up for a trip to Italy.

I'll be going to Oklahoma the 1-6 to see my lovely Katie. Then, Ashley will be in town the 6-12.. and I will get to see her too. Finally, spending the summer with college friends.. which is a delight.. because in all my years at ISU we have never had the opportunities to make that happen.

Yeah, I can't think of anything else to report. A haircut is due... applying for jobs, praying for jobs, hoping for big girl jobs... you are going to hear me say that alot... sorry to whomever reads this.

I guess that's it for now. Let adulthood begin... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment