Monday, April 20, 2009

How Time Flies....

The last four years that I have spent at ISU have changed me as a person. And, I am so thankful for it. The same girl I was as a Freshman, is long gone as the excited/scared shitless Senior getting ready to embark on the adventures of adulthood!

I really need to start applying for jobs. My goals are the following and they are ever changing.
1. apply to a Potbelly's near home seeing as I have previous experience there
2. apply and send out my resumes to big girl jobs... such as technical writing/editing... I want to send apps to jobs in state.. and why the hell not? out of state too. :)

I don't want to live the rest of my life in Illinois. I want to live somewhere else for at least some point in my life.. just to see what it's like. Life is an adventure darnit!

I had a very nice weekend at home. It was nice seeing my family and bringing home Katie. I think she really enjoyed herself.. despite my crazy aunt asking her how much she weighs.. but, she does that to everybody. Seeing my Yia Yia was very difficult emotionally, I just don't think that is going to get easier for me at all. It will always be hard, until the time comes for her to move on. I know she doesn't want to be here..... I just hope she isn't hurting while she is here. :( I miss the healthy Yia Yia, but I know.... she is gone for good now.

Well, I don't feel like getting into that too much, seeing as it depresses me... soo.. onto other things...

My list of things to accomplish before May 8th is dwindling! I have proof! Here it is:

1.LIT manual- I just reached page 61 tonight! That's awesome! I only have 9 more pages to go, a little revising.. and then I am DONE!!!!

2. Visible Rhetoric Final Project- this is gonna be cool.. I am studying the rhetoric of hair and why we color it. Why don't people leave their natural roots? I know I hate my natural hair color.. and there are reasons behind that. I like color so this project will actually be fun.

3. Senior Seminar- next Monday I have a 20 page paper and 10 minute presentation on the Banning of Books in our School Systems due. I am excited about researching it, and putting it together, not so excited about presenting it though. I talk too fast when I get nervous.

Basically, after next week... I AM ALL DONE!!!! I just have to pack up, and get ready for my parents to come down and help me move stuff the 1st, and then graduate the 8th, and leave for good the 9th. :) I have never had so many mixed emotions all at once. How will I contain them all???

Just a few more weeks and my college career will come to an end. I will miss the people so much more than the academic aspects. I debated the grad school idea, but now, I don't think I'm cut out for it... of course, my mind might change in the next few months.. but, I'm not such a good student. I'm quite lazy.... and I procrastinate to the minute before an assignment is due. I just don't think I would be able to keep up with grad school work.

Who knows though, my Mom said she regrets not going to grad school and getting the bigger paycheck, but then if I go to grad school, I might be 'overqualified' when applying for jobs when I get out. Not saying that I can't win either way, but there are certainly pros and cons. I guess I just need to weigh them more. And, being the indecisive creature that I am, it is extremely difficult for me to make such decisions.

I have a feeling this weekend is going to rock. My roommate and I are having a grad party to say adios to everyone.. and we are getting tattoos! No, not the same ones... she is getting her very first tat, and I am getting my second. I am too damn excited!!!! :D

Well, I guess I should get back to my work here... so I can fully enjoy this weekend, because that is all that is keeping me going right now. I can't wait to get away from ISU for good. I'll be back if friends around here want me to visit, but other than that... I'm outta here!!!

Everyone better keep in touch with me though. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment