Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Frustrations as Usual

I cannot believe the nerve of some people. I mean, I really can't. As if I didn't like my internship enough! My internship director or whatever the fuck you want to call her, sent me another email full of anger about how I am not putting enough time and effort into my 70 page LIT manual. I would just like to point out, that I am currently on page 63, nearing completion, and that I neglect my projects, papers, and homework in other classes just so I can make the deadlines for this one. That's bullshit. Granted my internship has the most hours, it shouldn't mean that my other classes are less important or worthy of the same amount of study time.

This lady and I do not communicate well at all. I was talking with my Mom and Ashley about it tonight. They both managed to give me similar advice on how to handle her. I should be mature, professional, and let her know that I am trying to do my best with this manual, but I am confused as to what she wants. I prefer face to face time, as opposed to constant emails with very vague or no directions at all. How can she expect a perfect outcome with this.. if she doesn't respond to my calls.. or my emails until two days after I send one out to her? What is this shit? I go in for office hours every Thursday, and I let her know ahead of time that I will be there to discuss the manual.. she simply isn't in the office. Her colleagues tell me she is in a meeting, or is busy and didn't come in. Maybe this is all true, and maybe it isn't, but either way... an internship isn't based off of emails sent back and forth. It is about hands on experience, which is I why I chose this crap in the first place.

This is honestly, the internship from hell. I am so tired of getting the snippety emails from her. Here is an idea of what they are like

"You need a lot of work still; this is very sloppy still, and by no means
do I believe you're put the hours you should into the document, and I
know I've asked you to change the same things more than once."


Really? Have you really now? Then she lists the pages that need correcting, and forgets what she told me to add.. by asking me why did I place that in the manual in the first place.

She wants a rough draft outline by tomorrow at 5pm. Guess I better get started since I emailed her Sunday, and she responds to me today... which is a Tuesday. I love it all.

At least when this semester is over with, I won't ever have to deal with her again, and thanks to Ashley's advice I can look back at this experience as a learning one, and use it to further grow when real world bosses decide to tear me down too. I thought I was good at taking criticism. But, my Mom said it right "You are good at taking criticism when it is warranted, not when it isn't". Makes sense to me.

Besides all that shit.. here is my list of crap... watch it disappear! :)
1. My senior seminar presentation is done... and the class loved it
2. My senior seminar 20 page paper is done.. thank God
3. Rough outline for the LIT manual due this Weds.. fun shit
4. Visible Rhetoric Final Project due the 6th- I'm excited!
5. LIT manual gone and out of my life forever also due the 6th

Can you tell that the 6th is going to be a great day for me?????

Get me outta here!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment