Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back from Paris :)

My wonderful familia in the Louvre. If you look in the background you can see the Victory Statue. Stunning, yes? :)

I just got back from Paris yesterday. It was a beautiful city. We saw the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Arc di Triomphe, walked along the Champs Elyesee, toured the Palace of Versailles, went atop the Eiffel Tower, and saw a rather adult oriented show at the real Moulin Rouge. Twas an amazing vacation overall, and a much needed one at that.

My family and I needed this, to get away from the house... to leave the memories behind for a little bit. Of course, the memories followed us, and it was hard for the first family vacation without my Dad around. I suppose this year will be a year filled of firsts like that. We just have to pull together, be strong, and move on like he would want us to. It's hard, and its only been a few months... I can see the long stretch of road ahead of me, but I am definitely trying.

I took various pictures which I don't really feeling like posting here... so, my readers.. you get this one. A bright photograph from the Louvre. One of the biggest museums I have ever had the pleasure to tour. There are over 30,000 exhibits of art in this museum. If someone wanted to try and go through all the rooms, they wouldn't be able to. Good luck with that!

Paris is a city filled of vintage buildings and shops that line the quaint cobblestone streets. The ever sexy language, (French) is most pleasing to the ears. Much like other romance languages, I wouldn't even care if someone swore at me in French, I would probably just drool on them anyway. I loved hearing our concierge direct us to restaurants and tour venues , the polite waiters that greeted us with a friendly 'Bonjour!'. It was all just so wonderful.

I want to go back. Then, I want to go to London, Italy, Greece, and Germany. I know one day I will make each of these countries. It will happen. As soon as I get a 'real' job, and some 'real' money stashed away.. I see these trips as becoming more of a reality than ever before. I also want to live in a European country for at least a year. I don't really see that happening to be honest, with everything that has happened in my life this year.. I'm not sure I want to stray too far from home just yet. But, when the time is right, it is a fun possibility to consider.

I'm not sure I have much else to report on. I am still on the job hunt. If I find anything of great awesomeness... it will definitely show up here.

My message to everyone is this.... live, travel, absorb, and most importantly record everything.

We out.

No comments:

Post a Comment