Thursday, February 4, 2010

Uneasy

I am uncomfortable working at a restaurant that makes employees and their customers ill. Seriously. Wtf? We have this awful flu like virus going around, and if symptoms become severe enough a hospital stay is basically encouraged or death due to dehydration can occur. Now, let me make it clear NO ONE HAS DIED SO FAR. And, I hope no one does.. that would be terrible. :( Here's the back story.. my friend Steph became violently ill while we were closing one night. I'm talking, abnormally so. The poor kid was puking in garbage cans and running to and fro from the bathroom. She was losing important fluids in her body, and fast. She looked as pale as a sheet.. and I was worried for her. I was worried she would faint, but didn't. She spent the night in the hospital, with IV's stuck in her arms to ensure the fluids were replenished. Pretty scary.

A couple days later Kelly, my friend Jen, Jackie, and rumor has it even customers become ill. I don't know what happened to Kelly, if she went to the hospital or not. All I know is Jen's children had a bout of it, and her little girl had to go to the hospital too.

I get a fever Tuesday night. 100.3. Nothing really, but I felt like ass. Then, the following day, last night I puke my brains out. Only twice thankfully. I feel weak as hell, and I am afraid to eat, and afraid to go back to work in a weakened state and get sick again. I don't want to go to the hospital. I fucking hate hospitals, and IV's and all that shit.

What is wrong with our store? Is it just our store? Or, others as well? Seriously. The sanitation people observed everything and said we were one of the cleanest stores they have seen in awhile. If this is the case, why is everyone becoming sick? Are customers bringing the illness in? Or, did it start with us? I'm not a doctor.. and I don't have the answers, but I will say this. Every person that doesn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, picking their damn noses or asscracks... should have their hands chopped off. It takes a few minutes to put a little soap on your hands and run some hot water. I want to beat people that don't take care of themselves, cause guess what? You make everybody else sick... you stupidass fools.

Sometimes I want to slap the human race. I mean it. We are so dumb it drives me up the wall.

It has to be PMS that makes me feel this way, but seriously.. I'm gonna walk around with a machete....sigh. Imbeciles.

No comments:

Post a Comment