Thursday, May 14, 2009

I graduated!

I finally graduated from Illinois State University the 8th of May 2009. Good stuff. My grades went excellently this semester. I got an A in my internship (thanks to Ashley, my Mom, and Dr. Savage) they all believed in me and took my word over someone else's. Basically, the bitch I had to work under.

Senior Seminar I got a B and my Visible Rhetoric class I also got a B. I wanted to see more A's, but I am definitely satisfied with these results. My cumulative GPA is a 2.59, and my semester GPA is a 3.50. If only I took English classes all four years, I can't even imagine what it would be like then. But, whatever... I'm done. I've been debating grad school, and I'm pretty sure I have until August to decide. Knowing me and my lazy ass, it will take until August for me to make up my mind anyway. I also need to find a job.

I've sent out my resume to two internships with Walgreen's no dice thus far. So, now, I'll just try for other technical writing positions/internships/ or other mediocre jobs. We shall see where life will take me. I'm already a little down about this summer because I haven't been doing much of anything lately. I stay up late, I sleep in late, and I help out my Yia Yia and Aunt. If this is how the summer is going to be, it will certainly be a disappointing one.

I really want to travel to see Katie in Oklahoma (but my friends suck and no one will drive with me), I want to see Ashley in Hawaii (but, I also want spending money so I don't feel like a selfish skank), and I of course want to see Adam in Florida this summer too. Granted if everything remains as is now, with relationships.. you just never know... right? Always gotta be prepared. :)

My Yia Yia is now on hospice. And, it makes me sad, so I'm not going to talk about that anymore.

Good luck to the graduates of the class of 2009!!!
Keep in touch everyone. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment