Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Final Countdown

This is it folks. Four years at ISU will finally come to an exciting halt for me this Friday at 7pm. I will be graduating with the rest of my peers under the college of Arts and Sciences with a Bachelor's degree in English studies and a minor in Spanish. :) I can't believe I've made it this far. There were days where I didn't think it would happen. Something awful would come up to prevent it, I would discover that one forgotten credit hour. But no, everything is in order, I've completed all of my gen-ed's and major courses. I do not see any problems in the future. (keeping fingers crossed).

I hope I made my goal of a 3.0 this year. I would love to at least graduate with a B average. So far, I'm a very high C.. and although C's get degrees.. I like the idea of a B better. I think I will be pulling quite a few B's this semester over anything else. The only A that might happen, might be in my internship from my internship advisor's standpoint. He gave me an A on my journal.. so it looks good in that regard. I really don't give a rat's ass what my internship lady is going to give me. As far as I'm concerned this entire experience is a lesson learned and that's how I'm going to leave it.

All I have due this week is my Visible Rhetoric presentation, and I'm dropping off my LIT manual in the Girl Scout office and leaving like a bat out of hell. I don't care to stay around and chat. The most I will lie is "Thanks for this opportunity, may life treat you well." Then, I'm out.

My room is looking pretty sparse as of right now. I have no more desk, most of my warmer clothes are gone, and various odds and ends as well. It just feels very prison like in here, and that in itself makes me want to high tail it out of here as fast as I can.

I will be so sad to say goodbye to all my old and new friends. I guess friendship will be tested this time around. True friends will emerge, and the others just fade into memories. We shall see what happens either way.

Well real world... here I come! The question is.. not are you ready for me... but, am I ready for you? I guess this summer and the months to come will tell. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment