Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Times They Are a Changing

I have a lot to report. I haven't been on here in a very long time, and that is no one's fault but my own.
I truly believe the saying nowadays 'good things come to those who wait.' Well, I waited and waited and waited for things to turn around in my life and guess what? They finally did! Don't get me wrong,  I am still a cynic when it comes to love and relationships and will sadly continue to expect the worst and be happily surprised when the opposite happens. It's just an odd protection mechanism I use, I don't really know how else to explain it. It is what it is.

I met someone, and even asked his permission to put his first name (not last as well, that would be weird) in my blog! :) My boyfriend agreed because he is a good man overall. His name is Nick and we have been together since March 2013 (after St. Patty's Day to be exact.) Things between us are going really well. I have found a partner in certain hobbies that folks either find me strange or are just too uncomfortable to talk about with me. We both LOVE horror movies and the supernatural in general. Most folks would run for the hills when I start talking about my love of bloody B rated flicks, but not Nick. He stuck around and even enjoys exploring them with me. Although we have been together for a short span of time I feel like I've known him for awhile. I am comfortable around him and let my guard down a lot sooner than even I expected. We talk about anything and everything basically everyday and haven't run out of things to talk about. I can confide in him and he in me. It's a rare and amazing thing. :)

I hope you read this Hun


and enjoy it. I'm so glad I met you this year. I have a good feeling about us and truly enjoy spending weekends and week days walking around the forest preserves with you. Here's to many more weekends and forest preserve adventures! :) Fate has a funny way of working in your favor if you just let it. Nick and I were talking about it this weekend how if it weren't for our friend's St. Patty's Day shindig (the dead sexy couple that is Aimee and Donny) we would never have met each other! Given his home/work location and mine as well it just wouldn't happen. We met each other at the right time in our lives. We were both single for an extended period of time beforehand (a year for me) and just let the cards fall where they may. I am happy and haven't felt that emotion in a long time. :)

Not only did I meet a great guy, but I have a pretty decent job as well. I am currently a copywriter/marketing contractor with a pool supply company that I will not list here. The only catch is-it's a 6 month contract position with no guarantee of a permanent position. :( I am hoping for the best, but we shall see what happens when the end of the contract rolls around. For the most part, besides the disorganized confusion during the work week I enjoy what I am doing. I am finally WRITING and getting paid for it. I update their social sites daily (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+) and write for the company blog. I also created content for their new website which was a challenge to say the very least. Now that the new site is up and running the office is a more casual atmosphere. Folks aren't snapping at each other and the tension level has since dropped. We'll see where it takes me, if anything it's experience under my belt.

My family and I just came back from a breathtaking trip to Greece. We visited Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos. I loved the culture, the food, and the beaches. If the future allows it, I can't wait to go back and discover more islands. It was truly paradise. I don't know if it's like that all year round but for us we needed to get away from work and our lives for a little bit. It was needed and did the body and the mind good. I was a moody wench most of the time because I was still getting over strep throat and other things happened that week as well. My family put up with it anyway, and hopefully my witty sarcastic humor masked my snappiness after all.

Right now, I don't have anything else to report other than my childhood friend Emily is marrying her fiance Jason, this Saturday and I couldn't be happier for those two. :) I will probably blog about that or something after the festivities. I wish them a true lifetime of love and happiness. They are meant to be together!

And, that's all she wrote....

For now.





No comments:

Post a Comment